I help artists build their Skills, Confidence and Creative Style in stained glass!
If you want to learn all about creating beautiful stained glass you've come to the right place. I'll help you navigate your creative journey, with tutorials and inspirational online classes to give you the confidence to create.
Start your journey with my free ESSENTIAL GUIDE TO GLASS PAINTING.
Click the button belowGet your free Essential Guide HERE
Learn at your own pace
With my online courses, you learn at your own pace, and discover new ways of working to get the best results for you. You can watch my tutorials as many times as you need to perfect your creative skills and develop your techniques. You can get extra help by asking questions at the end of each lesson, which I answer and you get access to our private FaceBook group Glass Painting 101 to share your journey with others on the course. If you still need further help, I can arrange one ZOOM meeting for half an hour with you at a mutually convenient time.
Take a class
These popular individual mini courses are a great place to start, for beginners and intermediates
Glass Painting 101
Starting from the ground up, you will learn all you need to get started painting on glass, and on completion you will have an excellent foundation to develop your painting skills. You will discover -
- How to prepare your materials, including how to pick the right brush for the right effect,
- How to choose, mix and prepare your paints and stains.
- How to apply the paints and stains with specialist brushes and how to develop innovative mark making techniques to get lots of different and exciting effects.
- How to develop your SUPER POWERS of using Sgraffito and Dipping Pens!
- You get full course notes with all the essential details you need, including firing temperatures and a list of suppliers for your brushes, materials and tools.
- You can ask questions at the end of each lesson in the comments below, which Derek will answer. These answers will be available to everyone doing the course.
- You get access to our private FACEBOOK group "Glass Painting 101" to meet, support and share your discoveries and your progress in glass painting with others doing the course.
- If you still need more help we can arrange one personal ZOOM SESSION with Derek for half an hour to talk through and ask questions about everything you've learned on your course.
- If you're not completely happy, we'll refund you the cost of the course within the first two weeks of purchase.
- You will need access to a GLASS KILN to get the most value from this course.
Stained Glass Making 101
Designed for beginners with little or no experience, this course is perfect for teaching everything you need to start making your very own leaded windows. You will learn how to design your window and draw it full size, how to choose the right glass and how to cut it, what leads to use where, how to cut lead and solder it with an electric iron, and how to weatherproof it ready to be fitted. You will also get full course notes with all the details of essential tools and materials you'll need to buy to get started. This course is an excellent foundation for everyone wanting to learn how to design and make leaded stained glass, full of helpful information and insights into this ancient craft - everything you need to get great results!
IN PERSON CLASSES
I run "in-person" live courses throughout the year at my studios in south Leicestershire, UK. These tend to get booked up quite quickly so the best way to get information about the next available dates is to click the button and see the available dates!
Live Courses info